Our Previous Project
The goal of our first Plant Genome Research Program (IOS-0923880) was to develop datasets as initial means of dissecting the gene regulatory networks controlling early endosperm development. For this project, we
- Characterized the cytological and morphometric features of early endosperm development in B73 maize inbred line.
- Generated a temporal profile of mRNA populations activated during early kernel and endosperm development from 0 to 12 DAP.
- Developed a robust laser-capture micro-dissection protocol for analysis of mRNAs in maize kernel compartments and cell types.
- Profiled mRNAs and developed co-expression networks for multiple cell types of the maize kernel at 8 DAP.
- Generated a sub-network of genes regulated by the MYBR TF MRP-1 in the endosperm BETL compartment at 8 DAP.